Dreaming of flashing lights represents a mix of uncertainty, caution, and good fortune.
Typically, light represents success or achieving a certain goal. To have this light beamed in a flashing manner may mean you will only temporarily enjoy this fortune.
Whether it’s good or bad, the light flashing in your dream also means new information. This new information will help you make an important decision.
The light flashing can also be interpreted as a need for change or newness in your life. This could be a change in your career, relationship, or lifestyle.
So What Does a Dream About Light Flashing Really Mean?
Light flashing in your dream has a strong connection to your emotions. Your subconscious is using this dream image to strongly remind you to act. The message is to move forward with caution and be open to change.
The percentage of each emotion in such a dream:
- 40% fear
- 50% anxiety
- 10% caution
However, there are positive or negative meanings for such a dream, depending on your overall feeling during the dream.
The Positive Meanings of Dreaming About Light Flashing
If you feel happy, content, or elated when you see the light flashing in your dream, it is generally a good sign. It means that you are about to enjoy some good luck or fortune.
Bright flashes of light in a dream can also mean new information will soon be made available to you. You should be ready when new details come to light at work. This new information can help you succeed in your career.
Flashes of light can also be a reminder to work towards your personal goals. Your psyche is trying to make you remember that what you aspire for in life may be within reach.
Also, flashes of light in the shape of the Aurora Borealis symbolize harmony. You are at peace with what you have in your relationships and career. Keep this pace up to get more satisfaction and accomplish more in your waking life.
The Negative Meanings of Dreaming About Light Flashing
On the other hand, this dream holds a lot of negative interpretations as well. A dream of flashing lights can mean fear, and you will soon learn of distressing news. This can also connect to regret because of your attitude or the way you deal with others.
You will soon struggle because of something you did. Your subconscious is telling you to be on alert because you will experience the consequences of your past actions. Also, hurtful events from the past will soon catch up to you, not unless you find some way to redeem yourself for your sins.
You are also being warned to be more assertive in your responsibilities. Without that sense of urgency, you may miss out on great opportunities. You need to take action to avoid anything bad happening to you soon.
If you feel scared, anxious, or threatened when you see the light flashing in your dream, it is generally a bad sign. It means that you are about to experience some sort of hardship or difficulty.
The Spiritual Meaning of Dreams About Light Flashing
These dreams have a strong connection to the spiritual. Light is often associated with one’s spiritual awakening. For this light to flash would mean a strong desire for a powerful revelation or message from a higher power.
Angels often are symbolized as beings of light. This type of dream can mean that your guardian angel is trying to warn and protect you from both internal and external forces.
This dream can also be a sign that you need to pay attention to your spiritual health. It would help if you considered ways to connect with your higher power through prayer, meditation, or other forms of self-reflection.
If this light is flashing in a negative way, it could be a warning from your subconscious to stay away from a certain person or situation. It would help if you used this message as a way to redirect your actions.
What is your Subconscious Trying to Tell You?
Whether a dream of flashing lights hides a good or bad meaning, your inner persona is telling you to be both cautious and assertive. This is a dream that demands attention and action. Here are some of the most common messages your psyche is telling you:
- You need to be more passionate about your work.
- You need to be more confident in how you deal with others.
- You need to take control of your emotions.
- It would help if you considered other people’s emotions.
- It would be best if you let go of past regrets.
- You need to accept who you are.
- You need to get rid of destructive physical and emotional habits.
- You need to listen to what your mentors and friends are saying.
- You need to take responsibility for your actions.
- You should not ignore your intuition.
- You need to stay away from drama and unnecessary conflict.
Why Do You Dream About Light Flashing?
Your subconscious uses certain dream images to trigger a physical or emotional response from you. In this case, flashing lights can be a dream image to alert you to take action.
These dream images can also be a direct reflection of what you’re feeling in your life. It can also be a representation of situations you are experiencing in your waking life.
Here are some common reasons why you see these flashing lights dream images:
- You are stressed at work.
- You find yourself bored in a relationship.
- You can’t get over past trauma.
- You do not take your commitments seriously.
- You do not actively seek better opportunities.
- You seek attention.
- You do not have your goals aligned.
- You feel insecure about what others have accomplished.
- You hunger for new things to do.
- You want to learn something different and new.
- You are content with what you currently have.
Interesting Facts About Dreams of Flashing Lights
Aside from the main image of flashing lights, these dreams also hold some interesting details you may want to focus on. Here are some facts that you may want to dig deeper into:
- Jealousy can be a strong emotional trigger for this dream to happen.
- Women who have this dream hope to have a new start in their lives.
- The flashing lights can also mean you hunger for a spiritual journey.
- Color plays a big part in finding out what flashing lights mean.
- A flashing black light may mean you are pursuing the wrong goals.
- A flashing red light may be a reminder to focus more on your partner.
- A flashing white light may mean you need to express your true self more.
- A flashing blue light may mean you feel pressured with your work and personal commitments.
- Flashing lights can also mean a deceased loved one is trying to guide you.
- These lights urge for inner transformation for a change to happen in your waking life.
These facts should guide you in getting a better understanding of what your subconscious is trying to say.
Remember, connect the emotional triggers to current circumstances in your life. From there, focus on the other small details of the dream to get a good interpretation.
To dream of lights flashing is an opportunity for you to reflect and plan a better course of action. Your subconscious is urging you to face your problems. Whether these are good or bad interpretations, you would need to strongly pay attention to change your waking life circumstances.
The main problem you should consider is the emotional trigger that made this dream come to the surface. Afterward, use the other details as a guide in getting a better understanding of yourself.
Have you experienced this kind of dream? Leave a comment below to share your dream experiences.